London ranks as of the best student cities in the UK and number one in the QS Best Student Cities 2018 index. As such, it is a magnet for the students from all over the world.
There are nearly 50 universities in London, including some of the best universities in the world, offering over 10,000 disciplines for students.
World Catalyst for Education and Personal Development
Higher education in London offers a fantastic combination of valuable skills, diverse culture, innovative industries, and academic excellence.And there are many reasons for this:
- Over 100,000 international students study annually in London. Students come from more than 200 different countries, which makes London a global, vibrant and diverse city.
- Several of the best universities in the world are located in London, including three of the Top 10 universities in the world according to The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018.
- Universities in London have a combined research income of more than 500 million pounds, attracting not only the most prominent students but also well-known scientists from around the world.
- Current and former students and employees of London universities participated in many discoveries that have shaped modern life, including the discovery of DNA, fingerprints, and penicillin.
- London is a centre of academic excellence. More than 70 Nobel Prize winners studied or worked at one of London's universities.
- London offers excellent academic support and student opportunities. There are over 120 different libraries, including the British Library, which holds more than 150 million books. Every year, three million new books are added to the British Library's collection.
- London offers a wide variety of cultural events; it is ideal for students who wish to be enriched culturally. There are more than 1,000 museums and galleries in London.
- London is also a great place to have fun. There are over 100 cinemas, 100 parks, 350 live music places, 5,000 restaurants, and 7,000 bars and pubs.